When you first tried to run your Android Virtual Device to startup, you might run into this error message: emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration! Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable. CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!
You need to:
1. Install the Intel HAXM emulator. In Android Studio, goto Tools >> SDK Manager. Click on “SDK Tools” tab, check to select “Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM Installer), rev xxx”. Then hit OK or apply to install it.
2. After this is done, go to your SDK folder, navigate and open
3. If you have an Intel CPU, all you need to do now is enabled Virtualization from your BIOS setting.
4. However if you have an AMD CPU, if you try to run intelhaxm-android.exe installer, you will see an error message.
If you have AMD CPU, there’s a simple fix for this error:
– In Android studio, go to Tools >> AVD Manager. Then try to create a new android virtual device
– In the second step of wizard, instead of selecting (x86), you should download the ARM version of image.
If you use ARM version of image, your virtual device will run and everything would be ok if you’re using AMD CPU.